We understand elections are the foundation of democracy and good government. Elections must accurately reflect the intent of the electorate. Transparency, security, accuracy, privacy, and integrity are vital voter rights.
We are committed to maintaining public confidence in elections by assuring all of our elections are conducted in a fair, efficient and accurate manner with the highest level of integrity and vote security. The staff commits to excellence in maintaining up-to-date, accurate voter registration rolls to provide fair and equal opportunities for all qualified voters to participate in the democratic process.
Additional information may always be found in the navigation bar to the right, or if on a cell phone at the bottom, of this page
Your New Voting Experience is Here
San Benito County Elections Department is modernizing voting and providing voters with greater flexibility and convenience.
Starting with the June 7, 2022, Statewide Direct Primary Election
- Every registered voter will receive a Vote by Mail ballot starting 29 days before Election Day
- Voters can vote at any of the Vote Centers in San Benito County
- 2 Vote Centers will be open 11 days, including Election Day (open starting on 5/28/22)
- 2 additional Vote Centers will be open for 4 days, including Election Day (open starting on 6/4/22)
- 6 ballot drop boxes will be open for 29 days, including Election Day (5/9/2022 – 6/7/2022)
Compared to the traditional polling place model, the VCA model provides more locations to get
a replacement ballot (on-demand), a greater number of accessible voting machines, and more
language assistance for voters.
The Drop Box Locations are:
- Elections Department @Winn Alley between our office & the library
- Hollister Super on 4th St.
- Community Food Bank on San Felipe Rd.
- Ridgemark Office Parking lot
- Fire Station #2 off Valley View Rd.
- Windmill Shopping Center in San Juan Bautista
Vote Center locations are:
- San Juan Bautista Community Center
- Elections Department, Room 101
- California National Guard Armory
- St. Benedicts Church
For information on accessible voting, visit our Accessible Voting for Citizens with Disabilities page and our VAAC page.
For information on language assistance, visit our LAAC page.
For more information, view our Voters Choice Act Page.
- Lanzamiento y Celebración del Voter’s Choice ActEn asociación con el San Benito County Chamber of Commerce y San Benito County Chamber of Commerce Foundation , todos […read more.]
- Voter’s Choice Act Kick-off CelebrationIn partnership with the San Benito County Chamber of Commerce and San Benito County Chamber of Commerce Foundation, all SBC […read more.]
- A.I.M. to Vote(Art Inspires Me to Vote) Civic involvement and voting can change the way your community works, but you must participate. […read more.]
- EAP Submitted for ReviewSan Benito County’s Election Administration Plan has been submitted to the Secretary of State for review. The Secretary of State’s […read more.]
- Notic of AvailabilityA new draft of the San Benito County Elections Administration Plan (EAP) has been posted to our Voter’s Choice Act […read more.]
- Voters Choice Act (VCA) Notice of Public HearingSan Benito County Elections Department is modernizing voting and providing voters with greater flexibility and convenience. What’s changing? Starting with […read more.]