(Art Inspires Me to Vote)
Civic involvement and voting can change the way your community works, but you must participate.
Your design can inspire change – but only if you participate!
What inspires you to get involved?
What is this about?
“A.I.M. to Vote” is a project intended to inspire the youth to use their artistic abilities in hopes of increasing participation in the 2022 Direct Primary Election.
The project is aimed to increase voter participation, recruit election officers, and inform the community about the upcoming election.
Must be a San Benito County student and follow the rule and guidelines when creating your image. Submissions that do not follow the contest rules may be disqualified.
Your goal is to design an A-Frame to inform the community about the upcoming June 7, 2022, Direct Primary Election. This design will be used on the A-Frames that will be placed throughout the community. (See examples below)
- Entries are DUE no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 25, 2022.
- All entries must be submitted via email– firstname.lastname@example.org with submission form. Click to view the submission form.
- Entries need to have the following information within the design:
i) June 7, 2022, Direct Primary Election
ii) Facebook/Instagram/Twitter logo (@sbcvote)
iii) Contact Information: phone (831) 636-4016, (877) 777-4017, and email email@example.com
- The design must be NON-PARTISAN– Cannot contain any political party affiliation or statement.
- The entries cannot contain any profanity, racial slurs, or violent images.
- The design must be related to the Election in some way.
• For example, California Grizzly Bear with a “I Voted” sticker and Vote-By-Mail ballot in his hand was used for the November 2020 election. Additionally, a California Poppy flower was used for the September 2021 election.
- Recommended program to create design- www.canva.com (the program has a free version)
- All entries must be original artwork created and submitted in as – .AI, .EPS or Vector PDF format AND PNG
- Only ONE entry per person.
- Can be submitted in English
Please Note: San Benito County must provide all materials in both English and Spanish; therefore, selected submissions will be translated by the Elections Department.
All entries must be submitted to San Benito County Elections Department no later than 5:00 p.m. on March 25, 2022. Submitted design will not be returned. San Benito County Elections Department reserves the right to modify the design as necessary for future use. The artist allows the San Benito County Elections Department non-exclusive right to use and publish the creation on their website, in publications, press releases, brochures, displays to the promote the elections or A.I.M. to Vote project.
San Benito County Elections Department will select one winner by April 1, 2022. The selected design will be used by the Elections Department for the June 2022 outreach.
Each winner will receive $50 gift card to Michael’s
San Benito County Elections Department reserves the right to change the rules of the rules of the 2022 A.I.M. to Vote design contest as necessary. Any rule changes will be posted on the San Benito County Elections Department website.