After each election held in the County of San Benito, the Elections Division is required to certify the election results within 30 days of the election. This is done in the form of a Statement of Vote. The Statement of Vote is a detailed report of the election. It includes:
- a list of any write-in results
- a description of the voting precincts for the election
- maps of the voting precincts
- any Appointed (as if elected) candidates
- final election results
- final votes cast, broken down by precinct and in-person or vote-by-mail
- final votes cast for each candidate or measure, in each district located in whole or in part of the county. Those districts are:
- Assembly district
- Congressional district
- Senatorial district
- State Board of Equalization district
- Supervisorial district
- City / Unincorporated
The San Benito County Elections Department provides this information to the public in 3 ways:
- The formal full Statement of Vote document in PDF format. You are welcome to view, print, or download this document. **
- Downloadable Excel spreadsheets of the actual results by contest.
- Precinct Map showing voter turnout by type of voting (Vote-by-Mail, Early, Polling Place) and geographic area. Note, results are not viewable in this display.
** NOTE: Beginning in June 2018, two PDF documents are made available. The first is the Official Canvass Statement of Vote which is the certification document of the election results. The second is the Full Statement of Votes Cast. This document is a complete (and very long) report of the votes cast, broken down by precinct, voting type, supervisorial district, and cities. This same data can be found in the downloadable Excel spreadsheet.