Promote Democracy! Serve as a Pollworker on Election Day! If you are a U.S. citizen or resident or an eligible high school student, you may serve as a Poll worker!
- Get Involved
- Assist voters on Election Day
- Earn extra money. Stipend is $150 – $175
- All poll workers are required to attend a poll worker training class and will receive an additional $15 for attending
- Contact us at (831) 636-4016 for more information and to apply
Student Pollworker Program
California Elections Code §12302 allows eligible students to be appointed as Poll workers on Election Day, or to assist in equipment delivery the weekend before an election. As Poll workers, students learn first hand the importance of participating in the electoral process. In addition, they provide much needed support at polling place locations.
In order to be eligible to be appointed as a Poll worker, a student must be:
- A United States citizen or legal permanent resident;
- At least 16 years of age at the time of the election in which he or she will be serving;
- A high school student with a grade point average of at least 2.5 (based on a 4.0 scale);
- A student in good standing, attending a public or private secondary educational institution.
In addition to gaining experience in the electoral process, students can also receive a stipend between $75 and $150 for service.
All poll workers are required to attend a poll worker training class and will receive an additional $15 for attending