On this page, you will find information regarding any current or upcoming elections.
The next scheduled election in San Benito County is the Gubernatorial Primary Election on June 5, 2018. Information here will be updated in late November or early December 2017.
Contests available for the June 2018 Primary Election:
Contests available for the November 2018 Election:
As the information becomes available, this page will provide links to:
- Notice of Election – Copy of the publication, announcing the November Election, and informing the public of all offices that will contested in the November Election
- Our Candidate’s Handbook
- Candidate Statements and Financial Filings
- Candidate statements for all contests on the ballot will be available for public viewing for 5 days after the close of nominations
- Forms 470 and 501 are available for viewing
- Search by candidate, contest, or Election.
- List of Qualified Candidates
- After the close of nominations, and the Random Alphabet Draw, the official list of qualified candidates will be listed here. Lists display order that will appear on ballot, except for US Senate and Congress for which a rotation will occur.
- Qualified and On the Ballot
- Qualified but Not On the Ballot – Due to not enough candidates to require a vote declaring their candidacy
- Public Viewing
- The public is welcome to view anything in our office, including Logic and Accuracy testing of voting machines, Vote-by-Mail processing and counting, Election Night Counting, and post-election Provisional ballot evaluation and counting.
- Polling Place Lookup
- Location of your assigned polling place. Please Note, these may change with each election. Please review here
- Sample Ballots – Link to find your specific Voter Information Guide and Sample Ballot
- Status of your Vote by Mail or provisional ballot
- Statement of Vote
- Local Ballot Measures – On this page, you will find links to full measure text, arguments for and against, and rebuttals to those arguments. These measures have been formatted as they will appear in the Voter Information Guide. Seen here is only the English version. Spanish will be added when it has been received from the translator. The bottom of each page is intentionally left blank for the Spanish translation.
Alternatively, you may select our Elections & Filings page to see a calendar of events. While new events and additional information may be added at any time, approximate dates and deadlines for the next two elections are currently posted on the calendar. To view the calendar, please select the “Elections & Filings Calendar” option in the menu to the right.