The Signatures-in-Lieu Period for the June 2022 election is: December 16, 2021 through February 9, 2022 ** – Start date may change if redistricting is not complete.
The Nomination Period for the June 2022 election is: February 14, 2022 through March 11, 2022
For the full calendar of Election related events, click here
** Note: The offices listed here are subject to change. Any incumbent who resigns before the nomination filing period, may leave a seat open that will require its appearance on the ballot. Every attempt will be made to keep this list complete and updates will be made as soon as any changes are brought to our attention.
Selecting the “View Map” link, displays a Map of the area where one must reside to be eligible to run for or vote on the office. Once open, you can enter an address and if the point is inside the colored region, then the address falls within that district.
Contests available for the June 2022 Gubernatorial Primary Election are:
State (Top 2 move on to November General Election)
- Governor (4 year)
- Lieutenant Governor (4 year)
- Secretary of State (4 years)
- Controller (4 years)
- Treasurer (4 years)
- Attorney General (4 years)
- Insurance Commissioner (4 years)
- Member State Board of Equalization, District 2 (4 years) **
- US Senator (6 years)
- US Congress / District 20 (2 years) **
- State Senator / District 12 (4 years) **
- Member of Assembly / District 30 (2 years) **
** District numbers and contests may change as a result of redistricting. Statewide redistricting, based on the 2020 census, will be completed by late 2021.
- State Superintendent of Public Instruction (4 years)
- County Superintendent of Schools (4 years) – Qualification Requirements
- County Supervisor
- Assessor (4 years) – Qualification Requirements
- Auditor/Controller (4 years) – Qualification Requirements
- Clerk/Recorder (4 years)
- District Attorney (4 years) – Qualification Requirements
- Sheriff/Coroner (4 years) – Qualification Requirements
- Treasurer/Tax Collector/Public Administrator (4 years) – Qualification Requirements